Thursday, June 26, 2008

FINALLY!!





Tada! He's here! Grayson Kent Barlow was born at 2:35 PM, Tuesday, June 24, 2008 in Blackfoot, ID. I went into labor at about 6 AM, I woke up having contractions every 8 mins, but didn't really think it was labor, then I showered and got ready and woke Dennis up at 7 and told him to call his Mom to watch Austin, we're going to Blackfoot. We got to the hospital around 7:45 and I was at a 4. I got checked in, and was having lots of contractions, but they weren't very bad, especially compared to the ones I remembered with Austin. I had an epidural...thank goodness for those!! It started out a little iffy, I didn't get numb on the left side and my blood pressure dropped really low, so on went the oxygen and I was rolled onto my left to try to send some of the anesthetic over. It worked really well, except at one point my BP was 56/36...kind of scary. I felt really tired from the nubaine (probably not how you spell it...), so I was able to take lots of naps.
I started to feel some pressure and the nurse checked and I was all the way there but the baby hadn't dropped down enough, so she said we'd let him take over and do the work for a while and he did. The doc came in, I pushed for 5 minutes incredibly hard and he was out!! He was so perfect and beautiful and HUGE!! He was 9 lbs, 1 oz and 21 1/2 in. long!! HE WAS HUGE! He looks a lot like Austin but with dark brown, almost black hair, darker skin and humongous cheeks. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days to take advantage of not having a 2 year old running wild and it was so great, that was the best hospital stay ever! I highly recommend it to anyone living around here, 10 times better than Portneuf. He has been a gem and I'm really feeling great! Thanks to all of you guys for your love and support, I really appreciate it! I can't believe what a difference a day makes! I love this little guy so much and didn't realize exactly how that would work with one already at home, but it does! We are so glad he's here and wouldn't trade him for the world!! If you'd like to see more pics, you can go to our picasa web album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/barlowfampics/GraysonKentBarlow02

12 comments:

Ashlee said...

Congrats Jenn!! Babies are always so adorable! I'm glad everything went well.

Heather said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! We're so glad we finally got to meet him! Can't wait to see him again. I've said it before I'll say it again, call me for ANYTHING! Love ya tons~~~~~Heather

Kim and Justin said...

Good Job Jen!! You and the baby look like your doing really well! I'm so happy for your family. We love your family. You will have to keep us updated on life with two.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn! Congrats to you on your baby! He is SUPER cute! I enjoyed your blog entry. Take care of that cute family of yours! See ya later.

Emily said...

OH. MY. CHEEKS. So cute... I love how you spell his name... he is perfect! Good Job!

julie said...

Beyond precious! Your mom is missing out! He does have CHEEKS. If he were in Italy they would constantly be pinched! They love chubby baby cheeks! How is Austin doing? How are you feeling? Getting any sleep?

carin t said...

you got those pics up fsat! Grayson is cute and BIG! Poor you! I'm glad it all went well, though. We'll be by to see you soon.

Jason and Shannon Ewing said...

Yeah!!! I'm going to have to come and see him. You poor thing with a nine pounder....yikes!! He's too cute!! Congrats!!

Celeste Tabakece said...

Yay, I am so happy he is finally here. I love all of the pictures and especially the cheeks. He looks like another little Dennis. Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Jen said...

Holy Crap Dennis and Jen he is the cutest thing ever! I love his cheeks. I think he already has Claire beat in size! Congratulations Jen You are the Woman...5 MINUTES!

Kate Call said...

congrats to the barlows!! your newest addition is adorable!! and i loved the pictures you sent on email.. love the picture where he is "baring it all" ;) so excited for you guys. hope you are feeling well, you look too good in these pictures to be in the hospital right after having a baby! can't wait to see him

Stephanie said...

congrats on the new baby Jenn. He is a cutie. I hope everything is going well. Is your little boy (Austin) adjusting well to the new addition? Zac was pretty good when Kylee was born, but whenever I had to nurse (which is a lot at first) Zac would all of a sudden need me, so we started reading lots of books at nursing time. Anyway good luck with everything.