I forgot to write anything about our Memorial Day except for all the contractions it made me have! We spent the weekend with my family. At my parent's ward I got to see lots of familiar faces, which was so fun. Towards the end of sacrament, Austin was getting really wiggly. He crawled under the bench and started yelling, "mommy, I need help!" Not easy to get down there when you're almost nine months pregnant!! So, when I finally got him out, he started to say very loudly, over and over "I'm spoiled!" We all were laughing pretty hard, he's not so reverent, and I don't know where he learned that phrase, but it's been coming out of his mouth quite a bit lately.
My brother Jared and his little fam came up from Utah and we went to the Teton Valley. My Grandpa was raised there and my Uncle now owns the house my Grandpa built for my Grandma. I used to spend summers there when I was small. It felt like I was really going home, I love to be in the Valley. It's so beautiful. My family has gone to the Memorial services in the Alta cemetery for as long as I can remember. We usually have a lot of extended family there and it's fun to see everyone. There's a memorial service by the American Legion and a 21 gun salute. After each shot was fired, Austin was saying "oops" I had to try really hard not to laugh, but it was pretty cute. My Grandpa was a POW in the Philippines for 3 years and I am always so thankful for those who have given their lives in service of our country. It's pretty neat.
After the service, we went to my Uncle's house for a birthday lunch and cake for my Grandma. The house is so beautiful, I was so worried about Austin being the destroyer, but he did a pretty good job. I took him out on the porch and stood by the stairs and just let him run and run and run. He had a lot of fun. We stopped at Grandma's house on the way home and austin discovered her pantry, he popped his head out and said, "come on Mama, let's go shopping." What a goof, where do these guys come up with this stuff!? It was a really nice day. We were really glad to get home to Daddy though, he had to work all weekend.
Later that week we went to the cemetery at Lava to see Kent's grave. He has a beautiful gravestone, and Austin kept going up and giving Uncle Kent kisses. We really miss him. What a blessing it is to have our families and to have the blessings of the temple.
4 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a great memorial day! I love that you have a blog...blogging is the best it makes me feel not so far away! Let us know when the new little one comes!!:)
Sounds like you had a nice day. I love the pictures!
Isn't church the best with little kids! One time Bennett crawled under the benches all the way from the back (and people let him!) then when he got to the front he stood up and yelled "Nany nany! come get me!" Then laughed and ran up on stage. I left the chapple, leaving Matt to chase the demon down. SO EMBARASSING
Wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment