Thursday, July 22, 2010

Girl's Camp--this is the third post I've done this week!! so...read down further.















The apology, not that we had anything to do with any pranks...




This really should be called girl's retreat week, we didn't camp...we stayed in awesome cabins with AC, had a pool, access to private showers...the works, it. was. awesome.

I'm in the YW presidency in my ward, this will be our third year. I haven't been able to go to camp really the last couple of years, so I was so thrilled to be able to go all week last week! We had a great time, we went to Salt Lake and stayed at the Pony Express RV Park, check it out, it's awesome. We went to the: Humanitarian Ctr, Family History Ctr, Joseph Smith Movie, Temple Square, the Conf Ctr, Welfare Square, the Beehive House, the Pioneer Cemetary, Ensign Peak....so much to do, so little time! Such a testimony-building week, what an awesome experience for me, let alone those girls!

Our Camp Director Michelle really put a lot of work into this.
we had a lot of fun swimming, playing minute to win it games, and plenty of pranks--those girls didn't know what they were in for! :) I don't think they expected that from me, but boy they should have, we're talking unmentionables hanging in the doorway, candy mice strategically placed in the cabins, toilet papering, saran wrapping, salty drinks and toothbrushes (yes that was us--not just the fact that Salt Lake is "pretty salty" haha!!) missing shoes and pillows, and plenty of great fun. Hey, "it could have been worse". Thanks girls for letting me come, I had a blast!!! What a wonderful group of girls (and leaders!) we have!

3 comments:

Jen said...

You are such an awesome YW leader. I bet those girls loved you!

Burdick Family said...

What a fun girl's camp, and I'm sure the girls had a blast with you for a leader. I love your family picture from the 4th of July where you are all dressed up for church. What a good lookin' little family. (: Oh, and I love the kid pictures of you and Dennis--you guys make cute babies!

VicandNanc said...

Fun! I am so glad there are wonderful people like you to lead the YW and have a blast with them. I just haven't mastered that skill yet as I have a hard time handeling their mood swings, I need the 8 and under crew!