So, Dennis and I had a great fourth of July, except that when we opened our garage to get out chairs for fireworks there was a funk...
Apparently our deep freezer's outlet was surged and not reset, so everything inside was ruined! Dennis cleaned it out on Saturday and had to throw everything away, I'm just sick about it! We probably threw away a good $300 at least. I had made a bunch of frozen meals w/a meal freezing group in our ward to have on hand for when I go back to work, all gone. The only thing we could save was the freezer jam I'd made because that was in a little basket on top and was still chilled. We lost a turkey, ham, roasts, chicken, you name it and it was in there! I can't believe it!
Anyway, nothing we can do about it now.
Second disaster of the day...
Austin has been sticking things up his nose off and on for a while, nothing extreme, usually too big for his nostril. But, all of a sudden, Dennis was yelling to me...Austin had something white stuck in his nose. I tried to get it out w/tweezers, and Dennis tried. It was scary because it would go back further sometimes. So, on to Urgent Care we went, only to find it closed. I called our parents and asked each to say a family prayer for us. 1 minute later, Austin sneezed and out came the mechanical pencil eraser! That turkey!
We took the boys to Wall-E, which we all loved! After the movie we went to Grandma and Grandpa Barlow's and Grayson got to meet his Uncle Britt. Britt is a great cook!! He made the best burger I've ever eaten!
Off to the fireworks that night, it was so fun! We pulled off the side of the road up on a hill and had an awesome view, with no traffic on the way home!!
Grandma and Grandpa Wilson came Saturday, and brought my Dad's brother, Uncle Steve. He was catching a bus back to Texas. It was really nice to see him and let him meet the baby. My best friend Katie came from Florida and she was able to come with her hubby Steve to meet Grayson also. My Mom helped me all day with a project (a Mai Thai--an asian baby carrier), well okay, she did it while I watched. What a busy weekend, whew!
Grayson got circumcised yesterday. He wasn't too happy, would you be? He slept really well last night much to my surprise. 6 hours straight, it was so nice except I woke up in pain...
Aunt Shelly came to meet Grayson on Monday night, they had such a fun trip (they were in Vienna).
Last night was my first night at Mutual. I'm really excited to serve with the Beehives, but it's a little overwhelming! The girls exercised, I watched. That's the only time I didn't feel very guilty for not exercising!
Today was Grayson's 2 week check, he's up to 9 lbs, 8 oz!! He's a big boy! Austin has been such a great big brother, he loves the baby so much, it's really cute!
I am not going back to work for another week and a half, I'm just not ready. I'm so glad my boss's wife was understanding. I'll still be going back early, but at least he'll be a month old when I go, not two weeks. What was I thinking!!? Next time I'll graciously take the 6 weeks and let that be it.
Law school update...
Dennis got an email today that he's still in the standby pool and they will likely be choosing some students from it in the coming weeks, so keep us in your prayers, we'll go wherever we need to go at this point and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. It will all work out the way it needs to.
7 comments:
I'm so glad you decided to let work wait. I was woried about ya. You're doin good! Austin does just love that little guy doesn't he? And that is proof that mom (YOU) is doin a good job of loving both babies! Bummer about the freezer though......:( I was thinking the other day that us Barlow gals should get together and do something like that, whatcha think?
ummm.. "something like that" meaning- making freezer meals. I wasn't very clear, oops. :)
OH my...sorry to hog up all the comments, but how did the tie-die onesies turn out?
I know I'm late, but CONGRATS on another cute little boy! Your blog is fun to read :) Sorry about your freezer, what a bummer... I think I'd be most sad about the lost, thought out& time consuming freezer meals!
Anyway, I never heard back on DH updates.. is that coming soon? I love to hear what is new with everyone!
I was wondering why your freezer was outside the other week. Yuck! I am so sorry about all the lost food. It makes me cringe for you.
PS SOOOOO Sad for you on that food. Oh my that is sad!!!
Opps I thought I had published a comment before the PS and I looked and did not find it. Hence the reason for a PS.
Here is what I remember from what I typed.
Wow, that babe has seen more family than I have for a while. So glad he is getting a proper welcoming.
As you know we can not come this weekend and we are so sorry. When it rains it pours and that is this weekend for us. Some things going on I should not blog (it should not be public) but when I get a chance to explain I hope you will understand and forgive us!!!!
Luv ya! J
Post a Comment