Hey guys, sorry to be so lazy in my blogging, we've had a lot go on the last couple of weeks. Last Friday we flushed the toilet and it almost overflowed a few times, without being clogged (sorry, gross, I know.), so we thought we'll check it out later, then we went to leave and the drain outside our apartment was bubbling up, turns out the pump that pumps the sewage for us and our neighbors (which is in our apartment) broke. So, we were told that we would not have water until Tuesday at the latest! Well, with two kids, not so fun.
We planned on staying with my sister. Then that night I went back to Austin's room and the laundry room, hallway and Austin's room were all soaked! Apparently there is also a drain in our laundry room behind the water heater and when our neighbor was doing her laundry it pumped the water over, but never out. The cleaning people came and cut out the carpet that had been soaked. I had to clear Austin's entire room out and cram all his stuff into our office. It is still here.
I talked to the manager and let her know it just wasn't going to work for us to be across town all weekend with both boys crammed into a little room in my sister's basement. She offered to put us in a hotel. We spent Saturday and Sunday night in the hotel, which wasn't too bad. I feel like I moved that weekend though, because of moving Austin's room and the Laundry room, and moving all our stuff to the hotel room and then back again, what a mess!! Plus, I had to move everything in the kitchen to give the men room to work on the pump. So, not the greatest weekend of my life.
Anyway, we're back home, they got everything done on Monday, it was so nice to come home and I appreciate having water sooooo much!
Grayson is 2 months old today, we took him to get weighed on Friday and he was 13 lbs, 5 oz! He's a little butterball! He's smiling a lot right now and making all his cute little baby coos. I love it! I'm still trying to get a good picture of him smiling, the camera doesn't catch it quick enough...I'll work on it.
Austin is adjusting really well and is a lot of fun, I love listening to him talk about all of the fun things he learns every day. He loves his little brother and is very helpful (most of the time). We decided to make his room a lightening mcqueen room, since he LOVES cars we'll be painting in the next couple of days, I'll post pictures when we're done. I FINALLY got a picture of Austin smiling!
I'm back to my old schedule at work, have been for a few weeks now. It's going better than I expected, it's actually nice to get out and talk with adults most of the day, and it's nice that Dennis is gaining some empathy for me and learning a little bit about what I go through every day. He's a great daddy and a great hubby.
6 comments:
YAY! I'm glad things are good! And I LOVE the picture of Austin!! And Grayson, that little smile is precious!I love you tons~~~~~Heather
Thats too bad about the flooding, its horrible having to try and move 2 kids around and all their stuff that goes with them.
That pic of Austin is funny. It seems like Bennett and Austin have a lot in common. They both like to streak at the most random times.
i laughed out loud when i saw that picture of austin eating naked... a kid after my own heart! Ü eating and being naked.. what more could you ask for!
What a bummer about the flooding and moving, I HATE having to move things around too much, I'm sure it wasn't fun! I can't believe how much Grayson looks like Dean, a cute little mini-me. Call us when you come to IF
What a sweet baby!! Grayson looks just like Dennis to me! It's so fun seeing people from school having babies. Now I get to be one of those people too!
jenn. that is to bad about all the water! expecially with two little boys. i would be freaking out! your little boys are so cute! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment